Our restructuring team in Romania advises on all aspects of restructuring and insolvency, whether in anticipation of them or in dealing with their consequences. We advise clients across a wide range of industry sectors, including retail, healthcare and financial services as well as food and office products. Our work ranges from reorganisation and reconstruction, distressed corporate finance, debt restructuring and refinancing to formal insolvency procedures, such as administration, receivership, voluntary arrangements, liquidation and bankruptcy. We have also developed considerable experience of advising financial institutions, businesses and other key stakeholders on rescue and recovery procedures.
We serve a diverse client base encompassing financial institutions, financial advisors/accountants, corporates, trustees/custodians, private equity funds, shareholders, distressed debt funds/investors, bondholders/loan note holders and creditors' committees.
Our restructuring team in Romania is part of our Global Restructuring Group, which is one of the world's leaders. With dedicated restructuring lawyers across the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe and the Middle East, we have the knowledge, experience and resources to address our clients' restructuring and insolvency needs on a national and international basis. Around the world, our experienced restructuring lawyers 'on the ground' have extensive knowledge of local markets and the associated challenges our clients face.
We advise clients on all aspects of restructuring and insolvency, including:
- Debt and asset tracing and recovery
- Disposals, including pre-packaged solutions, distressed M&A and real estate workout
- Distressed corporate finance
- Distressed debt trading
- Financial restructuring
- Formal insolvency/bankruptcy procedures and creditor committee representation
- Insolvency/bankruptcy-related investigation, litigation and enforcement
- International restructuring strategy and procedures
- Operational restructuring
Some significant restructuring matters we have recently worked on include:
- Leading European bank - Advising in connection with the reorganisation procedure of a major local pharmaceutical distributor.
- Life sciences client - Advising a life sciences sector company in relation to an insolvency request registered against it.
- Real estate portfolio - Advising a leading Austrian bank on the acquisition and leaseback of a portfolio of real estate properties during the debt restructuring process of the leading Romanian company in the electronics, electrical home appliances, IT&C and multimedia retail market. Our work included analysis of the transaction from the perspective of the Romanian insolvency law.
- Retail sector restructuring - Advising the Bucharest branch of a major European banking group on the formal reorganisation procedure of a significant Romanian retailer, which was sustained through a new financing agreement.
- TV network - Advising a local digital satellite TV network on its insolvency proceedings. Our work included developing and implementing a reorganisation plan.